Friday, January 19, 2007

Another misunderstanding

The Australian cleric who called on Muslim parents to be prepare their children to become Martyrs, is now backing up saying -typically- that his words were misunderstood:

"The jihad I speak of is not one of violence," he told The Australian newspaper from his home in Lebanon. "It is one of personal struggle against things like mischievousness, temptation and personal harm.

As for calling Jews as pigs he admits it but regrets it:

Mohammed also retracted comments in which he ridiculed Jews as pigs, saying they were made in reaction to the release of photographs showing bloody clashes between Israelis and Palestinians in 2002.
"That remark was made in the heat of the moment and I regret it," he was quoted as saying. "It was not something I should have said and is not something I believe."


Now I truly think the real reason for backing up is this:

Australian federal police have said they will investigate whether a radical Muslim cleric who encouraged children to become religious martyrs should face criminal charges.

I say make an example of him, bring his ass from Lebanon and put him on trial and send him away, so to stop people like him from giving hate speeches and then saying " please don't hurt me I was misunderstood".
But the damage has already occurred.

Waldorf

No comments: