Thursday, October 19, 2006

Ramadan a national holiday

I hate Ramadan, sorry but I couldn't put it in any other words, it's a month that retardness seem to blossom like no other time of the year.
In Ramadan the traffic is always horrible, people are always fighting in the streets, accidents are numerous as people drive like crazy to get home in time for their iftar, and of course no work is done in Ramadan. You ask a guy for your overdue work and he says "come on it's Ramadan I'm fasting" you ask someone to pay his bill he says "sure after Ramadan work is slow you know" I've been trying to get a hold on a person for the last 3 days for an urgent business and finally his assistant calls me yesterday to tell me that his boss is in isolation in the mosque for the past week and he's (getting out) this evening only and be back in isolation tomorrow so I'd better meet with him or I'll miss my chance to after Ramadan!!!!!
For me the whole month of Ramadan should be a national vacation people should sleep all mornings and hang out or watch TV in the evenings it would actually save a lot of money and the traffic would be great and it's not like any work is being done anyway. We'll just have to concentrate on the remaining 11 months of the year, oh wait there are also the small and big bairam which counts for another 2 weeks, other national and religious holidays... ok we have another month so it's like 10 out of 12 months to get some work done!!
I don't think it's that bad.

Waldorf.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really hate Ramadan. What a fucking waste of time, such a fake month.

I used to fast for years and realised a couple of years ago what a complete waste of time it was (I used to do all that prayer and supplication as well during Ramadan, including staying up all night during the last ten nights). Ramadan used to break me - spiritually, physically and mentally.

I fear the advent of Ramadan all year. You are forced to fast in Ramadan because it's more of a communal/collective act than a private act.

Ramadan fucks up your routine: having to wake up sooooo early and then starve yourself until night, it really kills. It fucks up your studying and can really affect your work.

Ramadan is a real low point for me, especially spiritually. It is the only month in which I get depressed and the only month in which I would fall underweight (the doctor would tell me to stop fasting in Ramadan for fear of damaging of my health).

Ramadan is such a fake time of year as are the vast, vast majority of people who observe it like lemmings. I have never met anyone who has changed or improved as a result of Ramadan.