Sunday, October 22, 2006

Conversation

I was in the supermarket yesterday minding my own business, and when I was reaching to grab a couple of Dasani water bottles a nice looking guy approached me:
-Guy: Elsalamo aleykom (pretty much like Hi but Islamic way)
-me: and good morning to you too.
-guy: do you know that this brand of water is made by an American company?
-me: yes but what......
-guy: do you know that the bottles are manufactured in Israel?
-me: No actually I.......
-guy: and that they are putting cancerous materials in the bottles to react with water and cause cancer to anyone drinking from the bottle?
-me: oh my god the bastards are trying to kill us!
-guy: yes it's all part of a big conspiracy.
-me: So how exactly did you know this information?
-guy: Oh I read it in the Internet.
-me: Ahh and do you believe everything you read in the Internet?
-guy: yes they took a sample from the bottles and analyzed it.
-me: who exactly are (they), the ones that wrote the article?
-guy: well yes I guess.
-me (picking up the bottles and putting them in my basket): well thanks for the warning I'll make sure to spread the word.
-me (to myself): last thing I read in the Internet is that Islam values the mind, ehh well might as well believe that.

Waldorf

No comments: