Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Egypt stops pro-militant Iraq TV

Egyptian government owned Nilesat says it was taken off air because it broadcast on frequencies which interfered with other channels, but the owner of AL-Zawraa TV calls it bowing to American pressure and he is planning to sue Egypt:

Egypt has stopped the transmission of a private Iraqi TV station which glorifies the Sunni insurgency in Iraq.
The United States has privately asked the Egyptian authorities to stop al-Zawraa which is carried on Nilesat - a government-owned TV satellite.


Either ways it's about time.

Waldorf

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish not agree on it. I assume nice post. Specially the appellation attracted me to review the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.